„ hEHE„„ yEAH„
Things you didn’t know about trash:
Unfortunately I don’t have a scanner but after seeing so much unsafe kink practice in a post-50 Shades world I REALLY want to know that anyone out there who is delving I to the world of fetish is doing so safely. So I’m putting up this booklet that I got at last year’s fetcon to give you all a good informed jumping off point. This will be in three parts, I think, and they’ll all have links to one another.
Yep! In fact, both AFAB and AMAB people can lactate with the right combination of stimulation, herbs, and hormones. You said that you weren’t interested in using hormones, but they can often be one of the better tools to start this process. I’ll write the whole process out and you can pick and choose what works for you. (FYI, this is also the protocol used by adoptive parents interested in breastfeeding their adopted babies.)
Here’s the protocol:
- Start by taking “active” birth control pills (not the placebo/period week pills) once a day and Domperidone 10mg 4 times a day for 1 week. (Domperidone is not available in the US but you can often find it online.) Then increase the dosage to 20 mg 4 times per day. The breasts will swell. This is normal. The birth control pill actually suppresses milk supply mimicking what happens during pregnancy.
- Do that for at least 1 month, but as many as 6 months. This is to “prepare” the breasts, mimicking pregnancy.
- When you’re ready, stop the birth control pill but continue the domperidone dosage of 20 mg 4 times a day. You will experience vaginal bleeding during this time, just like any time you stop taking a birth control pill during your “withdrawal” bleed week/period week.
- Over the next 2 weeks (while taking no birth control but still taking domperidone) use a breast pump on each breast for 5-7 minutes, then massage, shake, and jiggle the breasts (fun!) for a few minutes, then return to pumping for another 5-7 minutes. Do this once every 3 hours.
- Once you are pumping, start taking Blessed Thistle herb (390 mg per capsule) and Fenugreek seed (610 mg per capsule). Take 3 capsules of each 3 times a day with your meals. Take the domperidone 1/2 hour before meals for best absorption. Try to eat oatmeal for breakfast at least 3 times a week. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water a day.
- When you are certain that your milk supply is sufficient, start weaning yourself off the domperidone. Take one fewer pill per day each week. Keep pumping and feeding and taking the herbs, and your supply should maintain. It is very important to stop taking domerpidone slowly. Go here for more information.
Now, this seems like a lot, I know. Here is the link to read about that protocol in more depth. But you can pick and choose, see which parts of that process make the most sense. If you really want to avoid using any medications, you can try using a breast pump once every 2-3 hours throughout the day and at least once at night, and see how that works. It may take quite a while to get breast milk that way. You can add Blessed Thistle, Fenugreek, Barley, and oatmeal (as indicated above) to help increase that supply. Read about other protocols here.
Good luck! If you decide to do it, let me know how it works for you!
This was a triumph.
I’m making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction.
We do what we must
because we can.
For the good of all of us.
Except the ones who are dead.